Thursday, October 27, 2016

Quilt Retreat!!!

Today is a day that I love. I am packing up all of my sewing projects, machine and notions. I am loading them into my car-set the direction, and off I go!!! I love Quilt retreat. It is always so much fun. Very relaxing. I enjoy being with all the ladies. Listening to the sound of their machines. Because as we all know- they all have their own voices. I love to see what everyone is making. See their fabric. Talk, Laugh, be silly. There is usually the same core people that come. Not all are quilters. We have ladies that make garments, hand sew wool, make jewelry, machine embroider, and scrapbook their photos. Mary Elfman is the woman in charge. It is all due to her hard work and efforts that this retreat occurs twice a year. Once in the fall and then again in the spring. We have been meeting at the Chautauqua Institute. Times are changing, this time, we will be meeting at the Clarion Hotel in Dunkirk NY. I have never been there before. It is on Lake Erie. Currently it is raining-I am hoping it will clear up so that we can go outside and view the lake. I will be there from today until Sunday afternoon. Oh- I have been getting ready for a couple of weeks for this. I ordered T shirts that are not only Halloween like but have to deal with sewing. I even have new pj"s. I have a few stops to make along the way for supplies- and then on to my destination. My thoughts are to not only talk and catch up with everyone but to  try to get at least one quilt top done. I have this silly desire to fulfill. I remember my Mom talking about when she was younger and growing up in Buffalo. It was so different back then. She often said that her and her girlfriends would go to the corner stores at night to get penny candy while they were wearing their pj"s. There were times she said that they would go in the local bar to find their Dad's, Uncles etc..... to ask them for some pennies first. I have always laughed about that....... so in honor of my mom, I am going to wear my pj's and slippers and sit at the bar in the hotel and order a drink. I will lift it up and toast my Mom in heaven. I am sure she will get a kick of it.  Not sure if I will be able to post my blog while I am gone. If not--- I will play catch up when I get back. I wish everyone a great sewing weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment