Saturday, October 8, 2016

Quilt Love and my Joe Man

I have to say-these are some of my favorite pictures!! This is my youngest of 5, Joseph. He just came home last night for the Holiday weekend. So good to have him home for a couple of days. It made me go down memory lane. Though we refer to him as Joey or Joe Man- it is mainly Joe Man. Why Joe Man? I am not sure- I think it is because he is the youngest of 5 and that all his brothers are older then him. I think I just woke up one day and started calling him that--it must have caught on because I hear many people using this nick name for him. Love it. My son is now in College. He is currently in his second year at Niagara University. This picture is a year old now. Amazing how time flies! One day he is a baby in my arms-the next minute he is graduating from high school, the next blink of an eye- he is in his second year of college. I made him this quilt that he is pictured with. I designed it myself with a bit of input from him. He wanted a hockey quilt with the Buffalo Sabre's colors. So with that in mind----I got busy at it. I searched the web for hockey material. When I was narrowing down my choices-I had him come in and give me his opinion. With a click of a button it was ordered and on it's way to me. Once it came, more designing motors came into gear. I started to plan the layout. I decided to cut figures out of the one border material and applique them on the panel as if they were playing hockey. Then, I had to come up with a block. I named this block-Joey's block.The rest all seemed to fall into place. He did ask if I could quilt a few Hockey team names into it. I said of course-sure. Well, I decided to put all the teams in it. Oh my---I never knew until that moment exactly how many teams are in the NHL!!!! I am not a sports person and I don't ever think I will be. Boy was I shocked. No matter- I did my best and rest assured, they are all in there. This picture is when I presented the finished product to him. He loved it and still does. It is currently on his dorm bed. I am so pleased with how this quilt turned out. I am tickled pink that he loves it and uses it daily. It makes my heart warm that even though he is away from me-he is wrapped up in all my motherly love. Now that is what a quilt is for!!!!
Joe Man holding up his quilt and being his usual fun self.

wrapping himself up in all that quilty goodness

No comments:

Post a Comment