Monday, October 24, 2016

Happy Birthday Doug!!!

Happy Birthday to you Doug!!!! Wow---can not believe that we are here again already. Today is the day you entered my life and forever changed it--for the better. I was so young when I had you. I could not envision in my head years down the road raising you. But, time waits for no one. You are 33 years old today. I just can not believe it. I just keep shaking my head. In my mind, I still see you as the little boy who would run just to run, help Grandpa Al around the house, play with Uncle Mike out in the yard, play in Baseball games after Baseball games. I see you running during your Cross Country races, getting dressed up for the prom--especially the year you took two dates! All the Halloween costumes we dressed you in, all the Christmas days we shared with Santa coming, the day of your High School Graduation. Then---one of the hardest memories ever--the day you enlisted into the US Navy right after 911. My boy, my first born---how you have grown. The things you have accomplished. I am so proud of you. I love you so much. If I could change anything, it would be where you live. I really hate that you live in California. Because of the distance, my time with you is so limited. I long for our next get together. For today, I will smile and shed happy tears for you all day. Live loudly today. Love much today. Reach high and touch the stars today. Be happy and healthy today my son. I love you!
Doug and Michael at Christmas

Doug, Joey, and Marissa at our Ugly Christmas Sweater Party


Doug and Nikki at Halloween

Doug and Nikki at their apartment in California

Doug and Me when he came on his first Space X business trip to Buffalo

No comments:

Post a Comment