Friday, October 14, 2016

Halloween sewing- Cats and Witches

I just have to say- these are just so darn cute!!! I love them. I really like how they turned out. These are not my original patterns. I did get them from the Internet.The Cat is from the Therm-o-web website by Jedi Craft girl and the Witch is from Polkadotchair.com I like to check out other blogs and see what is new and exciting for other people in the sewing world. I did alter these patterns just a bit. The Cat pillow was to have a zipper on the outside, I didn't want to do that. The Witch pillow was to have a large white oval circle underneath the silhouette, but I did not want to do that either. This was the first time that I sewed with large rick rack and pom poms for trim. It was a bit tricky in places. I love to try different things and to keep learning-so this was a good experience. I definitely know what to do and not to do for the next time inserting these embellishments. Hint: fabric glue and wonder clips are a must. These pillows are  16 x 16. I used a pre-made pillow form. Fabrics are from what I had on hand. I honestly think these are so cute- I am not quite sure where I will put these. I do want to see them easily and frequently-probably in my sewing room. For the rest of this beautiful fall day- I think I will spend it in my sewing studio working on the quilt that is currently on the long arm frame. I will be posting pictures of that quilt once it is done.
New addition to my Halloween madness

No comments:

Post a Comment