Sunday, October 23, 2016

Fabric Wreaths and Friend Sewing

I have to write about a wonderful sew day that I recently had. I joined in with a couple of my sewing friends to make fabric wreaths. Oh--they are just so wonderful! They were so much fun to make. They were not difficult. Of course---we had the Great Master mind of Quilter Debbie to help us with the pattern and the construction of it. Each of ours had a different theme. Debbie's was made to look like a Sunflower, Bonnie's was very Patriotic, and mine....surprise, surprise, it was Halloween. We all use our beloved stash. Debbie provided us with the stabilizer. With machines and thread----away we went with creating our lovely projects. These are very versatile. You can put them on the table with something in the middle, or put a ribbon on it and hang it up. I think I want to embellish mine with buttons and a ribbon and hang it on my door. It was a wonderful day sewing away with them. I have not had the chance to get together with them in a long time. I really did miss it. The weather was so rainy and cold outside--perfect for staying indoors and sewing our hearts out!!
Quilter Debbie and Bonnie 

Here we are with our finished projects!

My Halloween wreath

No comments:

Post a Comment